Tanuku, June 14: In a shocking incident, a dead snake was allegedly found a packed Thums Up bottle. The incident took place in Tanuku town in West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh on June 12. A customer vowed to take legal action against the Coca Cola company after he found a small dead snake in a Thums Up bottle. Also Read - Andhra Pradesh: Major Landslide at Kanaka Durga Temple in Vijayawada, Several Feared Trapped

According to a report of the New Indian Express, Kadali Prasad on June 12 purchased six Thums Up bottles for his relatives who were visiting his house. After reaching home, Prasad shook the bottle before opening it. He was in deep shock after he found a dead snake inside the cold-drink bottle. Prasad immediately went to the shop where he had purchased the bottles and questioned the shopkeeper about the dead snake in it. (ALSO READ: 7 year old boy found alive after going missing in a bear-forest for 1 week!) Also Read - Blindfolded Martial Arts Master From Andhra Smashes 49 Coconuts Placed Around Student, Creates Guinness World Record | Watch

“Fortunately, I saw the dead snake. If I didn’t see it, what would have happened?” asked Prasad. “I will approach the court on this,” he said. Since the bottle was packed by the company, the shopkeeper refused to take the responsibility of the possibly poisoned drink. The customer said he would take legal action against the manufacturer. Also Read - Monsoon Fury: 19 Dead, Over 1,000 Rescued as Heavy Rains Hit Telangana, Andhra Pradesh; PM Assures Central Assistance

Thums up is one the popular soft drinks by Coca-Cola. According to Coca-Cola’s Indian website, Thums Up contains: carbonated water, sugar, acidity regulator (E338), natural colour (150d) and added flavours (“natural, nature-identical and artificial flavouring substances”). There have been several instances when worm or snake or lizard was found in popular food products. (Photo credit: The New Indian Express)