New Delhi: The Congress party on Friday accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of using ‘blood and sacrifice’ of soldiers as a tool to garner votes. Addressing a press conference on the occasion of second anniversary of surgical strike, Congress leader Randeep Surjewala also hit out at BJP president Amit Shah saying,”He has dishonoured the valour of our Armed Forced on October 7, 2016 by disregarding the supreme sacrifices made in the 5 wars and numerous surgical strikes.” Also Read - Centre Sanctions Rs 15,000 Crore Towards COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund
The grand old party also raked up the issue of Rafale deal and asked the Centre,”Why the number of fighter aircraft required by IAF was reduced from 126 to 36. “Why is Modi Govt involved in ‘Operation Cover Up’ in the Rafale Scam,” Surjewala asked. Also Read - ‘Fantastic Usage of Technology to Combat Coronavirus’: PM Modi Urges All to Use Aarogya Setu App
Claiming that the Narendra Modi govt has compromised National Security and has betrayed National Interests in the last four and a half years, the Congress party posed 10 questions to the Centre. Also Read - PM Modi Speaks to South Korean President, Discusses Coronavirus Situation, Its Impact on Economy
Take a look at the 10 questions which Congress party has asked from the Modi-led government:
1. Why has PM Modi betrayed India’s soldiers by denying them ‘One Rank, One Pension’?
2. Why has PM Modi endangered our ‘National Security’?
3. Has PM Modi failed to defend ‘India’s borders’?
4. Why did PM Modi ‘invite the rogue ISI’ to investigate the Pathankot terror attack on March 27, 2016?
5. What is the sinister motive behind ‘slashing of India’s Defence Budget’ by PM Modi?
6. Why is PM Modi systematically weakening the ‘Defence Preparedness’ of our Armed Forces?
7. Why has PM Modi become ‘Maun Modi’ on illegal Chinese Occupation and fortification of ‘Doklam’?
8. Why has PM Modi ‘squandered National Interests’ by arbitrarily reducing the number of fighter aircraft required by Indian Air Force from 126 to 36?
9. Why did PM Modi bend over backwards before China by shelving the raising of a special regiment called ‘Mountain Strike Corps’ along the China border with 90,274 additional soldiers at a cost of Rs 64,678 crore as proposed and approved by the Congress-UPA government?
10. Why has PM Modi played havoc with India’s ‘Internal Security’ permitting the ugly menace of Naxalism to raise its head, kill our soldiers &civilians and creates internal disturbances?
While speaking to reporters, Surjewala also said that total eight surgical strikes were conducted between 2000 and 2016 — 21st January, 2000 (Nadala Enclave, across the Neelam River); 18th September, 2003 (Baroh Sector, Poonch); 19th June, 2008 (Bhattal Sector, Poonch); 30th Aug-1st September, 2011 (Sharda Sector, across Neelam River Valley in Kel); 6th January, 2013 (Sawan Patra Checkpost); 27th-28th July, 2013 ( Nazapir Sector); 6th August, 2013 (Neelam Valley); 14th January, 2014 (Army Chief, General Bikram Singh’s statement qua Surgical Strike on Dec 23, 2013); 28th-29th September, 2016 (DGMO’s Statement).