New Delhi: Speaking on the anniversary of surgical strike, former Nagrota (Jammu & Kashmir) Corps Commander Lt Gen RR Nimbhorkar on Saturday said that ‘Pakistan is Pakistan, they’ll never accept Indian Army executed this. But the world knows it happened.’

Nimbhorkar added that the government has given proof of the same from time to time but it is up to Pakistan to believe that the surgical strike actually took place. Talking about the magnitude of the operation, the former J&K Corps Commander said that the world knows the ‘surgical strike’ happened.

Meanwhile, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday hinted that Indian security forces may have hit Pakistani personnel across the international border with heavy artillery attack to avenge the brutal killing of a Border Security Forces (BSF) trooper Narendra Singh in unprovoked firing by the Pakistanis.

The Indian army personnel crossed the Line of Control (LoC) to carry out surgical strikes in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK), two years back on the same day. The attack, which took place on the intervening night of September 28-29 at 12:30 AM and went on for nearly two hours. It resulted in the killing of at least 38 terrorists and destroy several terror camps.

The strikes were carried out to avenge Pakistan’s attack on Uri that killed 19 Indian Army Soldiers earlier in September 2016. India’s announcement of the claimed raid on September 29 marked the first time that the government had publicly acknowledged its forces crossing the LoC.