New Delhi: Altogether 67 school girls fell sick and were taken to hospital after they complained of stomach ache and vomiting, news agency ANI reported on Sunday. The students belong to the Government residential school in Ranga Reddy district of Telangana. Also Read - Telangana Police Officer Killed as AK 47 Goes Off Accidentally | Read Here
Police have also reached the hospital and they suspect food poison as the reason behind the incident. Inspector Guruvaiah Goud said, “Last evening all the students had fruit salad. After some time they had dinner and went to bed. Today in the morning the girls started vomiting and complained of stomach ache. Also Read - Under Pressure, Facebook Bans BJP MLA T Raja Singh For Hate Speech; Banned on Instagram Too
Most of the girls have been shifted to Chevella Government Hospital for treatment, police inspector further added.
Police have registered a case of negligence and probe is underway. More details are awaited in the incident.
In a similar incident, at least 103 children were admitted to a hospital after they complained of feeling ill. The children were living in a home run by the Karnataka women and child welfare department in Bengaluru.