New Delhi: All four people accused in the rape and murder of woman veterinarian in Telangana have been killed in an encounter with a team of Cyberabad police at NH-44, the Telangana police said on Friday. Also Read - Special Court to be Set up at Mahabubnagar District Court to Hear Telangana Rape & Murder Case

  Also Read - Telangana Doctor Rape And Murder: Media Asked to Stop Showing Pictures of Accused

Also Read - Telangana: Another Charred Body of Woman Recovered Near Site Where Veterinarian Was Killed

According to reports, the four — identified as Mohammad Areef, Jollu Shiva, Jollu Naveen, and Chintakunta Chennakeshavulu — were being taken to the crime scene, in Chatanpally, Mahbubnagar, for recreation of the crime scene, when they tried to attack the army of police and escape. Police opened fire and all four were killed, confirmed police. The incident took place at about 3 AM.

Four persons were arrested in connection with the heinous rape and murder of a veterinary doctor whose charred body was found under a culvert in Shadnagar area on November 28.

Telangana Police earned a bad name for reportedly delaying in filing an FIR when the doctor’s family members came to file a missing diary. The family members were even made to go from one police station to another as the cops were arguing over jurisdiction.

The encounter, however, led to praises showering for the Telangana police.

The rape and murder took place within an hour on November 27, though the plan to sexually assault the woman was hatched when the criminals saw the woman parking her bike near the toll plaza at around 6 PM. They punctured the two-wheeler and when she returned after 9 pm, they offered to help her. Shiva, one of the accused, even took the bike with him pretending to be actually interested in getting the bike repaired. It was then the woman called her sister. A few minutes late, she was pulled into a compound and was gang-raped covering her mouth, as a result of which she died. Then they bought petrol and set the body on fire. After that, they even went to unload goods as usual.

The incident sparked a nationwide outrage amidst which the Telangana government issued orders for setting up a fast-track court to try the accused.