New Delhi: The Odisha government, which announced a weekend shutdown in 11 of its 30 districts till June-end to contain the spread of Covid-19, has now allowed some exemptions during the period in these areas.Also Read - Odisha's Puri Becomes First Indian City to Achieve 24/7 Quality Drinking Water Supply
The 11 districts where the weekend shutdown began are Ganjam, Puri, Nayagarh, Khurda, Cuttack, Jagatsinghpur, Kendrapara, Jajpur, Bhadrak, Balasore and Balangir. Also Read - Odisha Lockdown Update: Govt Announces Re-Opening of Medical Colleges And Other Institutions of Teaching
Relaxations allowed: Also Read - Naveen Patnaik Launches 14 Industrial Projects Worth Rs 1,537 Crore in Odisha. All You Need to Know
1. All offices and shops will remain shut on Saturdays and Sundays in the 11 districts, while operations of airports, railway stations, bus terminals and movement of associated personnel and activities will be allowed.
2. Public transport will also be allowed to operate for the convenience of people going to or coming from airports, railway stations and bus stands.
3. Movement of any person in case of medical or other emergency is allowed.
4. ATMs and critical financial institutions like RBI and Clearing Houses will function.
5. Home delivery of food by restaurants and aggregators such as Zomato and Swiggy and distribution of LPG cylinders will be permitted.
The sectors coming under emergency and essential services category will be allowed to carry out activities during the 48-hour complete shutdown every week.
(With PTI Inputs)