Ahmedabad: Following the Central government’s latest guidelines, the Gujarat government has announced further relaxations in lockdown starting from Monday i.e. June 1.Also Read - ICC Men's U-19 Cricket World Cup 2022: India U-19 Captain Yash Dhull, Five Others Test Covid Positive, Says BCCI
Here are new announcements: Also Read - What is Himalayan Red Buransh Flower And How Can it be Useful Against COVID?
1) The state govrnment has permitted state transport and city buses to operate across Gujarat June 1 onwards. “State transport and city bus services will be allowed across the state without regional limitation,” Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani said, adding that an ST bus cannot carry more than 60 per cent passenger, while a city bus will have to limit passenger capacity to 50 per cent. Also Read - Shaheer Sheikh's Father Put on Ventilator After Suffering From COVID, Actor Urges Fans to Keep Him in Prayers
2) Earlier, one person was allowed on a two-wheeler. “We now allow two persons in case they happen to be family members, with mandatory masks. Small four-wheeler will continue to have (maximum of) two passengers along with driver, while three passengers will be allowed along with driver in larger four-wheelers (like SUVs),” Rupani said.
3) The government offices will function at full capacity from Monday.
4) Curfew will be in force between 9 pm to 5 am instead of 7 pm to 7 am earlier, Chief Minister Vijay Rupani said in a video message.
“Instead of lockdown, the word `unlock’ is being used, as we are going in the direction of unlocking everything. In the last ten days we already offered massive relaxations in most of the areas except parts of Ahmedabad and Surat,” he said.
“In this new unlocking effort, we have to continue to work with coronavirus without any economic blockade so that no work is hampered,” Rupani said.
5) The odd-even rule for shops has been removed. Now, markets will be allowed to open with the only condition that everybody wears face mask and maintains social distancing.
5) Hotels, restaurants, religions places and shopping malls will operate as per Centre’s guidelines to be announced by June 8.
6) No shops other than those dealing in essential services and commodities will be allowed in containment zones. Health department will finalise a new list of containment zones by tomorrow.
Notably, the implementation of “Unlock-1” will begin from Monday.