New Delhi: A 35-year-old man, Ravindra Kumar, has been arrested for killing his pregnant wife Urmila in a fit of rage and then chopping and grinding the body into pieces. The murder took place on January 4 but it didn’t come to light as Kumar himself filed a missing diary in the name of his wife. His elder daughter, however, witnessed the crime and reached her maternal grandmother’s where she narrated and the murder case was filed. The victim was 27 years old. Also Read - Mumbai Man Kills Mom, Watches Crime Serial, Chops Body For Easy Disposal

After a complaint was filed by the woman’s family, the police arrested the accused, Ravindra Kumar (35), and recovered the charred remains which have been sent to the Forensic Science Laboratory in Lucknow for DNA profiling. Also Read - Uttar Pradesh: Five of a Family Found Murdered in Prayagraj, Bodies Sent For Autopsy

“After we received a complaint, a team visited Ravindra’s home and informed Deeh police. Cops tried to trace the woman but failed. On January 10, Urmila’s sister Vidya Devi reached Deeh police station and filed a report against Ravindra accusing him of killing her sister,” senior police officer Vineet Singh said to IANS. Also Read - Delhi Man Kills Wife, Daughter-in-Law For Having 'Extramarital Affairs'

Singh said that Kumar dialled UP 112 on January 4 and informed the cops that Urmila was missing. Urmila married Ravindra in 2011 and the couple has two daughters, aged seven and 11. According to the police, Ravindra wanted a boy in the family and was suspecting that Urmila would deliver a baby girl again.

Ravindra’s elder daughter said that her grandfather Karam Chandra and uncles Sanjeev and Brijesh were also involved in her mother’s murder.

The police officer sent a team to arrest the accused but he was found missing from the house. “We roped in an officer from Childline and talked to the girl who narrated how her mother was subjected to brutality on January 4,” the police officer said.

According to reports, Kumar broke down during interrogation and confessed that following an argument, he strangulated his wife in a fit of rage and chopped the body with a sharp-edged weapon before grinding the pieces in a flour mill. He said he burnt the remains, packed the ash in a gunny bag and dumped it in thickets 4-km away from his house.

(With IANS Inputs)