Srinagar, Sep 18:  Curfew remained in force in parts of Kashmir, including in some areas of Srinagar, today in view of the separatists call for a march to the three districts of Bandipora, Ganderbal and Shopian, even as normal life in the Valley remained disrupted for the 72nd straight day. Curfew has been imposed in Shopian district, while it remains in force in five police station areas of downtown (interior city) and Batamaloo in Srinagar, a police official said.Also Read - Soldier Found Dead Inside Army Camp in Srinagar

High security has been beefed up in the valley following the deadly Uri terror attack where 17 jawans have been martyred  and around 18 have been severely injured. As per reports, the attack has been carried out by Pakistan-based terror outfit Hizbul Mujahideen. In wake of the attack, Army Chief General Dalbir Singh and Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar will soon reach Srinagar to take a stock of the situation there. Also Read - Men With Golden Hearts From Pahalgam Travel 70 km to Return Gold Jewellery

He said curfew-like restrictions on the movement of people have been imposed in the towns of Bandipora and Ganderbal, while the restrictions on the assembly of people continued to remain in force in the rest of the Valley. The official said the curbs have been imposed to maintain law and order in view of the separatists call for a march to the three districts.(ALSO READ: Uri terror attack: Rajnath Singh postpones visit to Russia, US, calls emergency meeting) Also Read - Curfew to Continue in Maharashtra’s Amravati with Relaxations Until Next Week | Details

The separatists have called for a march to the three districts Bandipora (in north Kashmir), Ganderbal (in central Kashmir) and Shopian (in south Kashmir) today. Meanwhile, normal life continued to remain paralysed in Kashmir for the 72nd consecutive day due to restrictions and the separatist-sponsored strike. The separatists have extended the protest programme till September 22.(ALSO READ: Uri terror attack: 17 soldiers martyred, four militants neutralised, Hizbul Mujahideen and ISI suspected behind the attack)

They have not announced any relaxation in the strike even in the evening hours for the week. Shops, business establishments and petrol pumps continued to remain shut, while public transport was off the roads. Mobile telephony, except the postpaid connections of BSNL, and the mobile internet services continued to remain snapped across the Valley. The broadband services were restored late last night after working journalists yesterday protested against the communication ‘gag’. These services had remained snapped across the Valley for five days.

As many as 81 people, including two cops, have been killed in the unrest that broke out a day after Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani was killed in an encounter with security forces in South Kashmir on July 8.