New Delhi, June 6: Patanjali Ayurved has hit back at the Uttar Pradesh government for denying it the permission to build a mega food park in the state. Patanjali Ayurved Limited managing director and co-founder of Patanjali Yogpeeth, Acharya Balkrishna, said today that due to Uttar Pradesh government’s disappointing attitude, they would be shifting the food park elsewhere, reported ANI. “The mega food park would’ve made the lives of farmers better. We had also asked for the permission from the Central Government. There is paperwork for which we requested the state government. But due to their disappointing attitude, it couldn’t be done,” he added. On Tuesday, Balkrishna took to his Twitter handle to share the same. According to reports, around 455 acres of land was allocated for the Patanjali Food and Herbal Park in Greater Noida.

In 2016, then Uttar Pradesh chief minister Akhilesh Yadav had laid the foundation of this park. Only last week, Patanjali had to remove its messaging app ‘Kimbho’ from Google Play Store and Apple’s Store just a day after its launch. A company spokesperson said it would launch the app officially soon, once its technical development phase is completed. At the launch, the company had claimed it was India’s reply to Facebook-owned Whatsapp.