Meerut: A massive fire broke out in the Bhusa mandi area in Uttar Pradesh’s Meerut on Wednesday evening. Fire tenders were rushed to douse the massive blaze. It was doused later.

No injuries or casualties have been reported so far. The reason behind the fire is yet to be ascertained.

Last month, at least 14 children were injured when a fire broke out in a madarsa at Shuru village in the district, police. The blaze had started from a candle kept in a room in the madrasa in Kotwali Police Station area during a power cut.

On January 5, a fire broke out in Mumbai’s Crawford market area. At least eight fire tenders were rushed at the spot to take control of the situation. No casualties were reported though.