Lucknow, Feb 15: On Wednesday, the second phase of polling was conducted in Uttar Pradesh. As per Election Commission (EC), 65.5 per cent voter turnout was recorded till 5 PM. The counting is still underway.
The election for 67 assembly seats in 11 districts was conducted peacefully. Since morning. people were geared up to cast their votes. This script for 721 candidates contesting in the second phase of UP polls has been seized.
- 1.35 lakh disable persons were registered this time and special arrangements were made.
- As per Vijay Dev, EC seized cash worth Rs.16.52 crores, 3.29 lakh litre liquor, 1.9 kg gold and drugs worth Rs. 1.16 crore.
Turn out of voters until 5 pm:
- In Saharanpur, 70 per cent of voters turned up.
- Budaun- the voter percentage was 60.
- Amroha witnessed 69 per cent of votes.
- Moradabad- 65 per cent votes.
- Shahjahanpur- 62 per cent votes.
- Pilibhit- 65.62 per cent.
- In Sambhal, 65 per cent of voters turned up.
- Bareilly witnessed 62.17 per cent of votes.
- Bijnor saw 67 per cent of votes.
- Lakhimpur- 65.
- Rampur – 61.5.
In Lakhimpur district, for the first time, women came out to vote after Independence.
In Sehrua village, many women came out to vote.
As per ETV UP, 2 women have been detained for casting fake votes, this is the incident of Deoband railway road booth. In Budaun, BJP and SP workers clashed at the Islamia college booth of civil lines, the BJP workers were later thrashed by the cops for creating ruckus.
In the First phase of UP Polls:
The EC put forward a tentative figure of the voter turnout for 73 assembly constituencies across 15 districts in the western part of the state. Around 64 per cent voters came out to choose their representatives.
The third phase of UP polls will be held on February 19.