New Delhi: Ahead of the second anniversary of the surgical strike carried out by the Indian Army in September 2016, two fresh videos of the retaliatory action by the special forces across the Line of Control (LoC) have emerged, reported news agency ANI.
The first video, of duration 1 minute 40 seconds, shows how the Army’s Para Special Forces strategically targeted the terror launch pads situated in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) across the Line of Control (LoC).
Another video, which is of 41-second long, shows how the special forces bombarded the terror launch pads, in which several militants were killed.
According to reports, the videos have been released by the government. However, India.com does not independently verify the authenticity of the video.
The fresh videos come amid the government’s plans to celebrate the second anniversary of the strikes in a big way.
Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced last week that various events will be held from September 28 to 30 to commemorate the valour of soldiers.
This will also include a three-day exhibition at India Gate, she said.
The University Grants Commission (UGC) also directed varsities and higher educational institutions across the country to observe September 29 as “surgical strike day”.
Videos of the surgical strikes were made public for the first time in June this year.
The video, purportedly shot by head-mounted night-vision cameras of the paratroopers from Special Forces who carried out the strikes in PoK, shows how they specifically picked the targets and bombarded them with grenades and high-tech guns with the aim of not leaving any survivor.
Reacting to the video clips, Pakistan called India’s claim as “farcical”. “I have said it before and will say it again. The farcical claims of surgical strikes is a figment of Indian imagination and nothing else! They may dream on,” said Pakistan Foreign Office spokesman Mohammad Faisal.
On Monday, Army Chief General Bipin Rawat had said that there was a for another surgical strike on terror launch pads. On being asked if there was need for one more surgical strike, Rawat asserted, “I believe there is a need for one more action (surgical strike). But I would not want to disclose how we want to do it.”
In a retaliatory action following the terror attack at Army camp in Uri sector on Setpmber 18 that left 17 security personnel dead, the Indian Army carried out surgical strikes on the intervening night of September 28 and 29 on terror launch pads across the LoC killing dozens of militants.
While Islamabad has repeatedly turned down New Delhi’s claims of carrying out surgical strike in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, the videos of the late-night and before-dawn retaliatory action by Army’s special forces are ample proof of the operation.