Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today said that the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions have been extended till July 15, while announcing several relaxations in the state. As part of the unlock measures, CM Banerjee announced the reopening of salons, and beauty parlours from 11 AM to 6 PM with 50% seating capacity, as well as gyms with 50% occupancy. Private and corporate offices have also been allowed to remain open from 10 AM to 4 PM with 50% working capacity.Also Read - COVID Symptoms? Follow These Measures Immediately For Quick Recovery And Help Others From Getting Infected
“COVID19 restrictions to remain into effect till July 15. Salons, beauty parlours allowed to open from 11am to 6pm with 50% seating capacity provided staff has been vaccinated. Gyms to be allowed with 50% capacity,” CM Mamata Banerjee announced in a press briefing. Also Read - India's Daily COVID Tally Crosses 13k Mark, Health Minister Mandaviya to Chair Crucial Meeting on Rising Cases
West Bengal Unlock: What’s Allowed
- All bazaars and markets can remain open from 6:00 AM to 12 noon. Other standalone shops will remain open from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- Gyms allowed to reopen with 50% capacity.
- Salons, beauty parlours can reopen at 50% strength, provided all staff is vaccinated.
- Private and corporate offices allowed to stay open from 10 AM to 4 PM with 50% working capacity.
- Buses to operate with 50% occupancy.
- Banks to open between 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
Local and suburban trains in West Bengal are yet to open to the general public, apart from emergency workers. Also Read - Mood Swings, Rashes and Stomach Ache: Long Covid Symptoms in Infected Kids Can Last For 2 Months. Deets Here
West Bengal’s COVID-19 tally mounted to 14,94,949 on Sunday as 1,836 more people tested positive for the virus, the health department said in a bulletin. A total of 29 fresh fatalities pushed the death toll to 17,612, while the active cases stand at 21,884. As many as 14,55,453 people recovered from the disease in the state, including 2,022 since Saturday.