New Delhi: At least 13 shops were damaged in a massive fire that broke out inside the campus of Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (IIT-KGP)on Friday evening. Recue operations are underway and the fire has been doused now. Also Read - Delhi: Fire Breaks Out in Mangolpuri Area, 13 People Suffer Burn Injuries, Taken to Hospital

The blaze erupted at the Tech market inside the college campus following heavy showers. Police have not ascertained the cause of the fire as of yet. However, speculations are that it was caused by a gas leak near the idli shop. Also Read - West Bengal Shocker: Youth Arrested Months After Allegedly Killing Parents, Grandmother, Sister

More details are awaited. Also Read - Major Fire at Ganga Shopping Complex in Noida Sector 29, None Injured