New Delhi: Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman, who returned to India on Friday night after being in Pakistan’s captivity for at least 60 hours, has suffered a rib fracture, some bruises and back contusion, a report quoting officials claimed. The IAF pilot underwent a medical checkup at Army’s Research and Referral (R&R) hospital in the national capital a day after he was handed over to India at Attari-Wagah border by Pakistan. (ALSO READ – This Twitter Account of IAF Pilot Abhinandan Varthaman is FAKE)Also Read - Ladakh: 7 Army Jawans Killed, Several Injured After Vehicle Falls into Shyok River in Turtuk Sector

“He has an uncomplicated rib fracture. It could have been either due to the fall or people there hurting him. He doesn’t remember which one it was,” the official was quoted as saying in a report by Economic Times. Also Read - Petrol Selling at Rs 180/L in Pakistan After Govt Lifts Subsidy. Details Here

The medical checkup also revealed that the Wing Commander has not suffered any ‘significant’ injuries with regard to the brain and spinal cord. He is likely to be discharged from the hospital by Tuesday following which he will have a debriefing with top government officials and a psychological evaluation. (ALSO READ – It’s Good to be Back: IAF Wing Commander Abhinandan’s First Reaction on Return to India) Also Read - Pakistan Govt Deploys Army to Protect Red Zone As Imran Khan Enters Islamabad

Earlier on Saturday, sources as quoted by news agency ANI claimed that Wing Commander Abhinandan has informed the IAF officials that he went through a lot of mental harassment while he was in the custody of Pakistani authorities.

A day after his return to India, the Wing Commander met Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, IAF chief BS Dhanoa and explained them about his nearly 60 hour stay in Pakistan.

Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman was held captive by Pakistani authorities on February 27 after his MiG 21 Bison went down during a dogfight with Pakistani jets. Before his plane was hit, he shot down an F-16 of Pakistan air force. He was also manhandled by a crowd after he landed in a village in Pakistan-administered Kashmir.