New Delhi, Jan 9: In a bid to push Narendra Modi-led government’s ambitious digitisation move, the Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has started new online booking service wherein the consumers can book their gas cylinders through social media giants Facebook and Twitter.
Earlier, consumers used to SMS or call on toll free number to book gas cylinders but now booking can be done on Facebook and Twitter by following these simple steps:
For Facebook users:
- Login to Facebook
- Visit to IOCL’s official Facebook page, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd
- Click on ‘Book Now’ and confirm your account.
- Your e-mail ID will be registered once you enter your LPG ID
- Again click on book now
- Confirmation message will be sent on registered mobile number and e-mail ID of the customers.
For Twitter Users:
- Login to your Twitter account
- Tweet refill @indanerefill
- For first-time registration tweet register LPGID
Indian oil is reportedly the first among all oil marketing companies who launched refill booking through social media platforms.