New Delhi: Three members of a family, including a five-year-old girl, were charred to death on Friday night after their house was gutted in fire in Khanyar locality of Srinagar, police said on Saturday. Also Read - Fire Breaks Out in Mantralaya Building in Mumbai, 4 Fire Tenders Rushed to Spot
A massive fire broke out at a wooden house at Sheeshgari Mohalla in Khanyar on Friday night. The police reached the location as soon as they received information and conducted rescue operation. Also Read - Fire Breaks Out in Delhi’s Shaheen Bagh Area, 4 Fire Tenders Rushed to Spot
On investigating, officials found that the house belonged to Javaid Ahmad Hakak. Eliminating chances of any feud or disputes, the police noted that the fire was caused by an electric short-circuit. Also Read - Srinagar: 8-Month-old Grandchild of COVID-19 Positive Man Falls Victim to Coronavirus
Three members of the family were killed in the tragic incident, including Hakak, his wife Sobia and their five-year-old daughter Hafsa. A case has been registered in connection with the incident.