New Delhi, Mar 30: The body of a 21-year-old Delhi university student, who went missing on March 22, was found in a drain in Dwarka’s Sector 13. Investigation has confirmed that the body is that of DU student Ayush Nautiyal. He was reportedly kidnapped on March 22 for a ransom of Rs 50 lakh. Nautiyal was a student of Ram Lal Anand College in south campus. Also Read - PUBG Addiction: Meerut Youth Slashes Father's Neck When He Asks Him Not to Play PUBG

Police have arrested 25-year-old Ishtiaq Ali, a resident of Uttam Nagar. Ali has confessed to the killing citing an altercation with the deceased as the motive. The accused told the police that he got in touch with the victim through a dating site and had met thrice in ten days. Also Read - DU Admission 2020: Colleges Denying Admission to OBC/EWS Candidates, Alleges DUSU; Varsity Denies

Speaking to a news agency, police said that on March 22, when Nautiyal and Ali met, they had a fight which got aggravated, following which the accused attacked Nautiyal multiple times on the head with a hammer. Also Read - DU 2nd Cut-off List 2020 Released on Official Website, Step-by-step Guide For Admission in Delhi University

On March 22 at around 11 pm, Nautiyal had left home after informing his family that he would get late since there was a college fest. When he did not return till late, his family members called him but his phone was switched off.

After some time, his family received a WhatsApp message from his phone in which the kidnappers demanded a ransom of Rs 50 lakh. The accused had also shared a photo in which Nautiyal was gagged and his head was bandaged. His clothes had blood stains on them, police said, adding,”The accused had threatened the family that if the ransom was not paid, he would kill Nautiyal.”

Police said that the accused constantly kept changing his location so despite laying a trap for him, they could not trace him. The family had even arranged Rs 10 lakh for paying the ransom.

On Wednesday, a body was found in Dwarka Sector 13 in a drain which was identified as that of Nautiyal.

Joint Commissioner of Police, New Delhi, Ajay Chaudhary, said that the family was with them at every stage of the probe but it was unfortunate that the victim was killed.

Further investigation in the case is underway.