New Delhi: Soon after Delhi’s Patiala House Court issued death warrants against the four convicts of 2012 gang-rape case, Asha Devi, mother of Nirbhaya, on Tuesday expressed happiness over the verdict, saying it is a victory for the women of the country. She went on to say that now the people of the country will repose their faith in the judiciary. Also Read - Nirbhaya Case: Delhi Court Issues Death Warrant Against 4 Convicts, to be Hanged at 7 AM on Jan 22

“My daughter has got justice. Execution of the four convicts will empower the women of the country. This decision will strengthen the trust of people in the judicial system,” Asha Devi was quoted as saying by ANI. Also Read - Nirbhaya Rape Case: Delhi Court to Pronounce Order Shortly on Death Warrants Against 4 Convicts

Nirbhaya’s mother also stated that January 22 will be a big day for her when the convicts will be hanged.

The statement from Nirbhaya’s mother comes after the court on Tuesday said the four convicts in the sensational 2012 Nirbhaya gangrape and murder case will be hanged on January 22 at 7 AM in Tihar jail.

The verdict from the court was pronounced by Additional Sessions Judge Satish Kumar Arora who issued death warrants against them.

Earlier in the day, she said that she was waiting for the court’s order on execution of death warrants of convicts.

“We are waiting for the court’s order on execution of death warrants. The convicts have no appeals pending now,” she told ANI.

Reacting to Delhi court’s verdict, Nirbhaya’s father Badrinath Singh said that the decision from the court will instil fear in people who commit such crimes

“I am happy with the court’s decision. The convicts will be hanged at 7 AM on 22nd January; This decision will instil fear in people who commit such crimes,” he added.

The Patiala House Court, earlier in the day, reserved the order on the plea of parents of Nirbhaya seeking issuance of death warrant against all the convicts of 2012 gang-rape case.

Four convicts Akshay, Mukesh, Akshay and Pawan, who are lodged in Tihar jail, are facing the gallows for rape and murder of a 23-year-old paramedical student in a moving bus on the night of December 16, 2012.

After gang-rape sent shockwaves across the nation, the six accused in the case were arrested and charged with sexual assault and murder. One of the accused was a minor and appeared before a juvenile justice court, and other accused committed suicide in Tihar Jail.