Washington, Mar 8: United Nations President Donald Trump has denied allegations that he had an affair with an adult film star. The White House issued the statement a day after the woman sued him to invalidate a deal that prevented her from discussing the alleged relationship. Also Read - On Call, PM Modi, Donald Trump Discuss Ladakh Standoff, Ongoing Protests in US, G-7 Summit

Stephanie Clifford, who is known as Stormy Daniels in the adult film industry, filed a lawsuit in a California State court on Tuesday. The 28-page lawsuit accuses Michael Cohen, the personal lawyer of Trump, of paying USD 130,000 to Daniels in a bid to pursue her to not to go public with her alleged sexual encounters with the President when he was the then Republican-presidential candidate. Also Read - Trump's Move to invite India, Russia, Australia, S Korea to Attend G-7 Summit Riles China



“The president has denied the allegations against him and again this case has already been won in arbitration,” the White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders told reporters at her daily news conference. Also Read - George Floyd Murder: Protests Turn Violent Outside White House as Police Fire Tear Gas Shells, Rubber Bullets

“Despite Trump’s failure to sign the Hush Agreement, Cohen proceeded to cause USD 130,000 to be wired to the trust account of Clifford’s attorney. He did so even though there was no legal agreement and thus no written nondisclosure agreement whereby Clifford was restricted from disclosing the truth about Trump,” the lawsuit said.



The lawsuit says that Clifford began an intimate relationship with Trump in the summer of 2006 in Lake Tahoe, which continues till 2007.

Responding to questions, Sanders said she is not aware that Trump was aware that his lawyer has made any payment to the adult film star at that time, which was made days before the 2016 presidential elections.

“This case had already been won in arbitration, and that there was no knowledge of any payments from the president and he’s denied all of these allegations,” she reiterated in response to another question.

“The President denied these allegations. We’ve addressed this. The American people were aware of this, voted for the President. I don’t have anything more to add,” she added.

Reached for comment yesterday, Clifford’s current attorney, Michael Avenatti said, “We do not take kindly to these threats, nor will we be intimidated.”

In a statement Rosen said, an arbitration judge found that Daniels’ “had violated the agreement and enjoined her from, among other things, filing this lawsuit… We intend to pursue our recourse in the arbitration as agreed to by both parties and continue to categorically refute the claims alleged by (Daniels) and her counsel.” Avenatti soon issued another statement.

“First of all, it does not appears as if (Trump) was even a party to the arbitrations (Daniels) is referring to. How can you win something you’re not even a part of? Secondly, claiming that Trump ‘won’ at arbitration when there has been no hearing, no notice to (Daniels), no opportunity given to her to respond, and no decision on the merits, is completely bogus,” he said.

(Inputs from PTI)