London: Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle gave birth to a baby boy on Monday evening, as per news agency ANI. Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle was in labour a while before, as reported by Buckingham Palace. Also Read - Meghan Markle Reveals She Suffered Miscarriage in July, Says 'Losing a Child Means Carrying Unbearable Grief'
The Buckingham Palace released an official statement which read, “Their Royal Highnesses have taken a personal decision to keep the plans around the arrival of their baby private. The Duke and Duchess look forward to sharing the exciting news with everyone once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family.” Also Read - Queen Elizabeth II Spotted Wearing a Mask For The First Time in Public Since Covid-19 Outbreak
The baby boy will be seventh in line to the British throne behind Prince Charles, Prince William and his three children and Prince Harry. Duke of Sussex Prince Harry expressed happiness on the birth of his son. He said, “Meghan and myself had a baby boy early this morning, mother and the baby are doing incredibly well. It is the most amazing experience. We are both thrilled, grateful to all the support. I’m over the moon, proud of my wife.”
The couple married at Windsor Castle last year. Thereafter, they moved into nearby Frogmore Cottage, a royal residence on the grounds where they had their wedding reception.