New Delhi: Jan 24: The United States has named an Indian born British citizen, Siddhartha Dhar, on its global terrorist list. The US State Department said that Dhar, who converted to Islam, has replaced the Islamic State executioner Mohammad Emwazi, better known as Jihadi John. The move allows the US authorities to impose sanctions and freeze assets of Siddhartha Dhar.
All You Need to Know About ISIS’s New ‘Jihadi John’
1. After converting to Islam, Dhar is now known as Abu Rumaysah.
2. Before joining the ISIS, he was a leading member of British terror outfit al-Muhajiroun
3. Dhar skipped police bail in UK and travelled to Syria with wife and children in 2014.
4. The US State Department said that Dhar may be the masked militant who appeared in an Islamic State video in 2016, which showed the execution of several prisoners. The terror organisation had accused them of spying for Britain.
5. Along with Dhar a Belgian-Moroccan citizen Abdelatif Gaini has also been placed on the Specially Designated Global Terrorists list by the US.
6. Born a Hindu, the 32-year-old ran a business renting out bouncy castles in London. Before his arrest in 2014, he was accused of burning poppies and calling for Islamic law to be implemented in Britain. Also Read - 'Forbidden by Islam': Egyptian Woman Arrested For Baking 'Indecent' Cakes Topped With Lingerie & Genitals Also Read - Two Afghan Women Supreme Court Judges Shot Dead in Kabul Also Read - Imran Khan Says His Govt Wants To Learn From China's Development Model to Eradicate Poverty