Johannesburg, Oct 14: Islamic State of Iraq and Syria’s (ISIS) second in command was killed in a US airstrike earlier in 2015, the militant group has confirmed. According to News24, ISIS spokesperson Abu Mohamed al-Adnani said in an audio recording that Americans were happy to learn about the killing of Abu Mutaz al Qurashi, but they told them that he had not died. (Also Read: China, Pakistan Economic Corridor will threaten Balochistan, says Baloch envoy to UN Mehran Marri)
Adnani added that Quarashi had left heroes to fight the Americans and their allies. The US announced on August 21 that Qurashi, also known as Fadhil Ahmad al-Hayali, was killed on August 18 in a US airstrike near the northern Iraqi city of Mosul.