Washington DC, Jan 28: United States President Donald Trump has called for “decisive action” by all countries against the terror outfit Taliban after the suicide car bombing in Kabul claimed 95 lives and wounded 163 others. Also Read - COVID-19: US Records Over 2000 Deaths In Last 24 Hours, Highest In 6 Months
“All countries should take decisive action against the Taliban and the terrorist infrastructure that supports them. The Taliban’s cruelty will not prevail,” RadioFreeEurope Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) reported, citing Trump, as saying, in a statement issued hours after the attack on Saturday. Also Read - Significant Progress Made in Covid-19 Vaccine Development, Says US President Elect Joe Biden
The US President called the attack “despicable.” Also Read - Overcoming Domestic Challenges Key to Restoring America: Kamala Harris Backs Biden's National Security Team
“I condemn the despicable car bombing attack in Kabul today that has left scores of innocent civilians dead and hundreds injured. This murderous attack renews our resolve and that of our Afghan partners,” the US president added.
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said the Taliban’s use of an ambulance as a weapon “represents inhumane disregard for the people of Afghanistan and all those working to bring peace to the country, and is a violation of the most basic international norms.”
The Taliban has claimed the responsibility of the incident, wherein an attacker driving an explosive-laden ambulance denoted the vehicle in a busy area, which is close to Kabul’s Chicken Street.
This bombing is the latest in a string of deadly attacks across Afghanistan in the past week.
Earlier on Wednesday, an office of ‘Save The Children’ organisation in Jalalabad city of Nangarhar province came under attack.
Last Saturday, the Taliban gunmen raided a luxury hotel in Kabul, killing at least 22 people, mostly foreigners.