Sydney: ‘Multiple’ victims in shooting outside a nightclub in Melbourne city of Australia were confirmed by the police on Sunday. Meanwhile, the local media has reported that there were no fatalities in the incident that happened near Little Chapel Street and Malvern Road in Prahran district. Also Read - Shotgun World Cup: Women 'Trap' Silver, India Finish With 2 medals
“Investigators believe multiple people were shot outside a nightclub near Little Chapel Street and Malvern Road about 3:20 am,” the Victoria Police was quoted as saying by AFP in a PTI report. Also Read - Shooting: India Men's Skeet Team Beats Kazakhstan to Win Bronze in ISSF World Cup in Egypt
No further details related to the shooting were revealed by the forces. If local media is to be believed, at least three to four people have been left injured in the incident, out of whom two are said to be in a critical condition. Also Read - Facebook Says It Will Pay USD 1 Billion over 3 Years To News Industry
Out of those injured, three are aged between 29 and 50. The age of the fourth one is yet to be determined, police claimed.
“The exact circumstances are still being established,” the cops told the media, claiming that it does not seem to be linked with terrorism.
Incidents of mass shootings are rare in Australia. Last year, a murder-suicide had left seven members of a family dead in Western Australia. It was the country’s worst mass shooting since the Port Arthur case.
Strict gun laws were introduced in the country after 35 people were killed at Port Arthur in Tasmania in 1996.