New Delhi: The Pakistan media said that Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa visited Pakistani troops at the LOC in Kashmir on Friday and asked them “to be ready to face any eventuality”, news agency ANI reported. The development comes amid the denial by the Pakistan Army that it is was preparing for war with India. However, it asserted that the country ‘has a right to respond to the war threats’.

Earlier in the day, Major General Asif Ghafoor, DG ISPR, Pakistan Army was quoted as saying by the news agency, that the country is not preparing for war. He reportedly said, “We’re not preparing for war. It’s you (India) who is sending war threats. We’re not preparing for initiating a war but we have a right to respond to the war threats from your side.” (Also Read: Pakistan Government Takes Control of JeM Headquarters in Bahawalpur as Outrage Over Pulwama Attack Grows)

Ghafoor’s statement came in the wake of media reports in India that Pakistan has started working out its war logistics as the demands for action against the neighbouring country are growing louder and louder day-by-day in the wake of Pulwama attack. It may be noted here that India has already decided to revoke the Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status to Pakistan and mounted a diplomatic offensive to isolate it in the international community.

If reports are to be believed, Pakistan has started preparing for any conflict. Pakistan army in Quetta Cantonment has written to Jilani Hospital, asking for medical support in case of a war with India. “In case of emergency war on the eastern front, Quetta logistics area is expected to receive injured soldiers from civil and military hospitals of Sindh and Punjab. After initial medical treatment, these soldiers are planned to be shifted from military and civil public sector to the civil hospital in Balochistan till the period of availability of beds in CMHs (civil-military hospitals),” the letter to Jilani hospital’s Abdul Malik by a force commander said.

Further, the Pakistan government on Friday claimed to have taken over the control of Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) headquarters in Bahawalpur amid pressure to act against the perpetrators of the dastardly Pulwama terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir on February 14.

Meanwhile, on Thursday, the PoK government sent a letter asking the local administration in Neelum, Jehlum, Rawalkot, Haweli, Kotli and Bhimbher areas along the Line of Control (LoC) to issue advisories to their residents, warning them about possible retaliation by the Indian Army.

Pulwama Attack

On February 14, 40 CRPF personnel were martyred in Jammu and Kashmir’ Pulwama after a Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorist rammed an explosive-laden vehicle into the bus soldiers were travelling in. The mastermind of the attack Abdul Rasheed Ghazi alias Kamran – the Jaish-e-Mohammed commander– was gunned down by security forces in Jammu and Kashmir on February 18.