Paris (France), Apr. 27: Salah Abdeslam, the main suspect in the Paris terrorist attacks last November, arrived in France on Wednesday morning after being transferred from Belgium. Suspected to be the logistics mastermind behind the attacks,he was transferred from Belgium after being under arrested by the Belgian police last month.  He will appear before a judge in Paris on Wednesday, reports the Guardian.  Upon his arrival in the French capital by helicopter accompanied by an elite squad of gendarmes, Abdeslam was questioned by anti-terrorist police before his court appearance.

The 26-year-old French national is alleged of arranging the logistics for the November attacks, of renting and paying for several apartments used by the gunmen and suicide bombers.  Before the attacks, he left three suspects at the Stade de France, where they blew themselves up. According to reports, he later told Belgian investigators of backing out of blowing himself at the last minute.  He was shot in the leg during his arrest in the Molenbeek area of Brussels on March 18 after being on the run for months.  ALSO READ: Paris attacks suspect Abdeslam transferred to France

The tragic Paris attacks killed 130 people and left 349 injured whose responsibility was claimed by Islamic State.  The recent suicide bombers attack in Brussels also claimed 32 people and injured over 300.  Meanwhile, Frank Berton, Abdeslam’s defence lawyer in France, said, “We’re a democracy. Everyone has the right to a defence and Salah Abdeslam must have one.”