New Delhi: In the aftermath of the Pulwama terror attack, the Pakistan Army has asked Jaish-e-Mohammad chief Masood Azhar and Lashkar-e-Taiba chief Hafiz Saeed to lie low, said a report on Wednesday. (Also read: UN Human Rights Chief Condemns Pulwama Terror Attack) Also Read - Ex Pakistan Diplomat Claims India Killed 300 Terrorists in Balakot Airstrike
Intelligence sources have told Zee Media that the Pakistan Army has asked its two terrorist principals to make fewer public appearances till the international focus shifts from them. Also Read - Mumbai Terror Attack: Nation Remembers The Heroes Of 26/11, CM Uddhav Pays Tributes To Martyrs
Interestingly, the advice has come a day after Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan, in a televised address, insisted that his country had nothing to do with the Pulwama attack. Also Read - It's Becoming Difficult to Supply 'Necessary Items': Top Jaish Commander Tells Terrorists in Kashmir
That denial itself came along the same time as a video clip from the JeM in which the outfit again claimed responsibility for the terror attack.
Meanwhile, other nations have joined India in its demand for declaring Masood Azhar a globally designated terrorist at the United Nations. France said it had been making an effort to that end for two years now.
New Zealand Parliament on Wednesday moved a motion condemning the terror attack. Argentina has also supported India with its President Mauricio Macri, who was on a visit to India a couple of days ago, saying, “I am truly pleased to be able to working together to fight this scourge on mankind.”
Jaish-e-Mohammad has claimed responsibility for the Pulwama terror attack of February 14, in which 40 personnel of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) were killed. A Kashmiri youth had driven an explosive-laden car into a security convoy of about 2,000 personnel.
Intelligence has said the explosives were likely to have been brought to this side in backpacks and could have come from sources connected to the Pakistan Army.