New Delhi: Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman has delayed his visit to Pakistan by a day. He was scheduled to arrive in Islamabad on Saturday on a two-day visit. The development came a day after at least 40 CRPF soldiers were killed in Pulwama terror on Thursday. Also Read - Ayodhya Bhoomi Pujan: What PM Modi's Mother Heeraben Was Doing When Modi Was in Ayodhya
Pakistan foreign office said that the arrival has been rescheduled and now he would arrive on Sunday. However, the reason for the change was not stated. It further said the crown prince “will visit Pakistan on February 17-18, 2019” and the “visit programme remains unchanged”. Elaborate security arrangements were planned during the visit of the powerful heir to the Saudi throne. Also Read - Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor GC Murmu Resigns, to be Next CAG: Reports
Reportedly, Saudi Arabia on Friday had said that it strongly condemns the terror act by Pakistan and denounces such cowardly terrorist act. The country even said that it stands with India against terrorism. Also Read - One Year of Article 370 Scrapped: Amid Ram Mandir Fervour, Jammu And Kashmir Recalled Its Separation From Ladakh
The CRPF convoy was attacked on Thursday around 3.15 PM as a bus they were travelling in was rammed by an explosive-laden vehicle in Lethpora of south Kashmir’s Pulwama district on Jammu to Srinagar highway. The suicide bomber was recognized as Adil Ahmad Dar and he belonged to terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM). (ALSO READ: Pulwama Terror Strike: CRPF Jawans Were Returning From Leave; Convoy Attacked 30 KM Short of Destination)
Notably, the highway had been blocked for nearly a week due to heavy snowfall in the region and the number of CRPF jawans waiting to travel to Srinagar from Jammu was increasing day-by-day. The convoy consisting of 78 vehicles was carrying 2,500 jawans. (ALSO READ: Full Freedom to Security Forces, Says PM Modi Over Pulwama Terror Attack)
On Friday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had launched a scathing attack on Pakistan and condemned the attack perpetrated by the Pakistan-backed terror organisation Jaish-e-Mohammed. PM Modi had said that India will reply to this attack.
Meanwhile, on Thursday, Pakistan termed the Pulwama terror attack “a matter of grave concern”, while strongly rejecting Indian media and government’s allegations of the country’s link to the strike “without” probe.
Almost all the world leaders came together to express their solidarity and condemned this gruesome act of terror and also vowed to act strongly against terrorism.