Kabul: Four security forces were killed on Tuesday by a suicide car bomber on the outskirts of Kabul, stated an Afghan official. In the incident when the car bomber who struck a security convoy, six other forces sustained injured, said Nasrat Rahimi, deputy spokesman for the Interior Ministry.Also Read - Afghanistan to Hold 'First Polio Inoculation Drive' From November 8 Since Taliban Takeover
Despite the fact, no one claimed responsibility for the incident immediately, the Taliban and an Islamic State affiliate are suspected to be the factors as they have in the past carried out attacks in the capital. Also Read - Taliban Ask Officials Not to Carry Out Public Executions Unless Directed by 'Top Court'
For instance, on late Monday, the Taliban militants targeted and attacked a checkpoint in the southern Kandahar province in Afghanistan. The attack claimed the lives of eight police. Also Read - Taliban Intimidation Causing School Attendance Rates to Remain Low
Aziz Ahmad Azizi, the spokesman for the provincial governor, said 11 insurgents were killed in the battle.
The Taliban control nearly half of Afghanistan and carry out daily attacks that mainly target security forces.
In the month of November this year, at least six people had been killed in the deadly Taliban attack that hit Afghanistan’s Kabul. The attack took place in the offices of a Britain-based security company in Afghanistan’s capital city.
(With Agency inputs)