New Delhi, July 9: The rescuers have brought out three boys from the flooded Thailand cave, where 12 young footballers and the coach of the Wild Boars soccer team had been trapped for more than two weeks. Officials informed that the same set of divers, who rescued the four boys, have gone into the cave today. “The operation has begun and it is ongoing at the moment,” a Thai navy official was quoted by CNN, as saying. Also Read - Thai Cave Boys to be Released From Hospital Next Week, Doctors Advise Against Media Interaction
Meanwhile, five rescued boys have been admitted to the Chiang Rai Prachanukroh Hospital for medical treatment. The hospital is situated an hour away from the Tham Luang cave.
Earlier on Sunday, Chiang Rai Governor Narongsak Osotthanakorn had said that rescue operations would resume in the next 10-20 hours. Addressing a press conference after the completion of the first day of the rescue operations, Osotthanakorn had said that the divers would focus on replacing the oxygen tanks so that the rescue operations would resume for the remaining boys and the coach of the soccer team, CNN reported.
Describing it as a “very smooth operation”, the Chiang Rai Governor had said the authorities were to make sure that all conditions were stable for the next phase of evacuations.
The footballers were found by the British divers on late Monday night, with footage showing them visibly weak and huddled on a mud mound deep inside the Tham Luang cave. The party were strolling inside the cave, following which they were trapped for nine days, before being found. Aged between 11 and 16 years, the boys were members of the Wild Boar soccer team.
(With agency inputs)