Washington: The United States will not pay for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s security if they move to America, said President Donald Trump on Sunday. Also Read - Meghan Markle in Rs 1.23 Lakh Shirt Dress Nails Maternity Fashion | See PICS

Trump tweeted Sunday in response to reports that the royal couple had moved to Los Angeles. Also Read - Lady Gaga To Talk About Mental Health In Prince Harry And Oprah Winfrey's Docuseries - Details Here

“I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the US however, the US will not pay for their security protection. They must pay,” Trump tweeted. Also Read - US Determined To Help India In 'Hour Of Need' Amid COVID-19 Surge, Says Kamala Harris

Earlier this year, the couple had announced that they would step back from their royal family roles and earned the support of Queen Elizabeth II. They had said they would split their time between North America and the UK.