Who is Nand Mulchandani, CIA’s First Chief Technology Officer?
Prior to joining the CIA, Mulchandani most recently served as the CTO and Acting Director of DoD's Joint Artificial Intelligence Center.
Washington/New Delhi: Nand Mulchandani, an Indian-American Silicon Valley IT expert who studied at a Delhi school, has been appointed the Central Intelligence Agency’s first-ever Chief Technology Officer, reported news agencies on Sunday. CIA Director William J. Burns announced the appointment of Mulchandani to serve as the US spy agency’s first-ever CTO via social media.
- Sidhu Moosewala Murder Case: Accused Gangster Deepak Tinu Escapes From Punjab Police Custody In ‘Dramatic Way’; Questions Raised
- 10 Frightening Facts About Most Powerful Nuclear Weapon Ever Detonated
- What Is R9X Hellfire Ninja Missile, The Secret Weapon Used By US To Kill Al Qaeda Chief Ayman Al-Zawahiri
“CIA Director William J. Burns appoints Nand Mulchandani as CIA’s first Chief Technology Officer (CTO). With more than 25 years of experience, Mr. Mulchandani will ensure the Agency is leveraging cutting-edge innovations to further CIA’s mission,” the CIA said in a tweet. With more than 25 years’ experience working in Silicon Valley as well as the Department of Defense (DoD), Mulchandani brings substantial private sector, startup, and government expertise to CIA, the Agency said in a statement.
You may like to read
“Since my confirmation, I have prioritized focusing on technology and the new CTO position is a very important part of that effort. I am delighted Nand has joined our team and will bring his extensive experience to this crucial new role,” said Director Burns.
Honoured to join the Agency: Mulchandani
“I am honoured to join the CIA in this role and look forward to working with the Agency’s incredible team of technologists and domain experts who already deliver world-class intelligence and capabilities to help build a comprehensive technology strategy that delivers exciting capabilities working closely with industry and partners,” Mulchandani was quoted as saying.
Top points to know about Nand Mulchandani’s career:
- Prior to joining the CIA, Mulchandani most recently served as the CTO and Acting Director of DoD’s Joint Artificial Intelligence Center.
- He also co-founded and was CEO of several successful startups Oblix (acquired by Oracle), Determina (acquired by VMWare), OpenDNS (acquired by Cisco), and ScaleXtreme (acquired by Citrix).
- He has a degree in Computer Science and Math from Cornell, a Master of Science degree in Management from Stanford, and a Master in Public Administration degree from Harvard.
(Based on agency inputs)
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Read more on Latest India News on India.com.