Rajasthan Weekend Curfew: Police Intensifies Patrolling, Raises Barricades To Check Violations
The decision to reintroduce curbs on peoples’ movement from 11 pm on Saturdays till 5 am on Mondays was taken last week to contain the spread of the virus.
Jaipur: The Rajasthan Police on Sunday intensified patrolling, raised barricades in Jodhpur to check violations of weekend curfew imposed by the government in view of surge in covid cases. The decision to reintroduce curbs on peoples’ movement from 11 pm on Saturdays till 5 am on Mondays was taken last week by the Ashok Gehlot-led Rajasthan government to contain the spread of the virus. To recall, the curfew was earlier lifted owing to the waning cases in the state.
Sunil Charan, Police Officer, Khanda Falsa Police Station said that strict action being taken in case of non-emergency movement in middle of weekend curfew.
You may like to read
Here are the guidelines issued by the government (Weekend Curfew):
- During the curfew period, all markets, workplaces and commercial complexes will remain closed.
- Only shops selling essential goods, petrol pumps and pharmacies are allowed to open.
- All tourist places, tiger reserves and wildlife sanctuaries will remain closed
- Schools in urban areas will be closed till January 30, 2022.
Amid the surge in the covid cases, the government had earlier issued a slew of restrictions to contain the surge in the cases. Here are the SOPs issued by the authorities:
- Shops, malls and other commercial establishments will be allowed to be open till 8 pm
- Restaurants and clubs can operate till 10 pm with 50 per cent of seating capacity
- Cinema halls, multiplexes, amusement parks, banquet halls etc will have to operate with 50 per cent occupancy and close by 8 pm.
- A maximum of 100 people are permitted at marriage functions
- This cap will be at 50 for those in municipal corporation and municipality areas till January 30
- All religious places will remain open till 8 pm, but offerings like garlands, prasad, chadar and other things are banned.
- Night curfew is already in force in the state from 11 pm to 5 am daily.
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Read more on Latest Rajasthan News on India.com.