Singer Mohammed Aziz passed away today, on November 27. According to reports, he landed in Mumbai from Kolkata earlier today and fell off at the airport. People helped and sent him to the Nanavati Hospital. However, Aziz took his last breath in the ambulance itself. The reports also say that the doctors could not identify the cause of his death. They mentioned that since Aziz passed away before he could reach the hospital, a postmortem will be required to find out the cause of his death.
Aziz was a popular playback singer of 80s and early 90s. He has given his voice for actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Govinda, Mithun Chakraborty, and Rishi Kapoor among others. He was given his first break in Bollywood by music director Anu Malik who offered him Mard Taangewala, a popular track from Big B’s film Mard. The song became a hit and Mohammed Aziz turned everyone’s favourite. He then went on to sing for ace musicians like Kalyanji-Anandji, Laxmikant-Pyarelal, Rahul Dev Burman, Naushad, O. P. Nayyar, Bappi Lahiri, Rajesh Roshan, Raamlaxman, and Ravindra Jain among others.
Here are top five hit songs of late singer Mohammed Aziz:
- 1986 – Dil Diya Hai Jaan Bhi Denge – film – Karma
- 1988 – Oongli Mein Angoothi Angoothi Mein Nagina – Ram Avtar
- 1989 – My Name Is Lakhan – Ram Lakhan
- 1988 – Phool Gulab Ka – Biwi Ho To Aisi
- 1986 – Duniya Mein Kitna Gham Hai – Amrit
- 1992 -Tu Mujhe Kabool Main Tujhe Kabool – Khuda Gawah
- 1991 – Imli Ka Boota – Saudagar
- 1990 – Kaise Kate Din – Swarg
- 1985 – Mard Tangewala – Mard