Charlie Chaplin has been the definition and benchmark of comedy in our lives for a long time now. His great works has made the world laugh, cry and feel for more than a century and still continues to leave its charm. Born on April 16, 1889, his zeal for stage performance is considered as inborn gift by many. While his comic timing and acting is known and appreciated by everyone, he has shared millions of priceless advice over the span of his life. As we remember him on his 127th Birth Anniversary, here are eleven quotes by Charlie Chaplin that will lift your mood. (ALSO READ: This food machine trying to feed Charlie Chaplin is the funniest thing ever!)
1. Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.
2. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.
3. To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it!
4. Nothing is permanent in this wicked world – not even our troubles.
5. My pain may be the reason for somebody’s laugh. But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody’s pain.
6. Life is a play that does not allow testing. So, sing, cry, dance, laugh and live intensely, before the curtain closes and the piece ends with no applause.
7. You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down.
8. Think about yourself at least once in your life otherwise you may miss the best comedy in this world.
9. This is a ruthless world and one must be ruthless to cope with it.
10. We think too much and feel too little.
11. A man’s true character comes out when he’s drunk.