Just as there is news of the popular MTV show Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan going off-air on December 31, 2015, the lead actor of the television show is embroiled in not one but two controversies – one is molestation, and the other is vulgarity on WhatsApp. Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan‘s much loved Parth Samthaan has accused TV producer Vikas Gupta of “touching” him. This seems strange, simply because Parth and Vikas were known to be the best of friends. And now, a report in The Times of India says that the actor alleges Vikas not only touched him inappropriately, but also threatened him of ruining his career. Vikas has also not paid him his fee of Rs 5,50,000 for working in Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya, says Parth. Vikas in turn asked him for money worth Rs 50,00,000, claims Parth.
About Vikas, Parth had sent the programming head a notice earlier this month, says TOI, accusing him of molestation, non-payment of dues for working on his show and constant threats of ruining his career. He apparently lodged a complaint at the Versova Police Station, after which Vikas was summoned and the police recorded his statement. Vikas has denied all the charges.
Parth was also recently in a controversy for having shamelessly named a boys’ WhatsApp group as ‘Whores and More Whores‘ or something like that! And he is not even ashamed of the group name, saying that’s how men talk. (ALSO SEE: 37 pictures of Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan actor Parth Samthaan)
As for the molestation case, strangely enough, Parth had accused Vikas of touching him inappropriately on December 7, 2013, but was friends with him still. They two also reportedly holidayed together in Thailand. It seems the relationship has gone kaput now.
Parth told TOI, “Vikas hasn’t cleared my dues of Rs 5,50,000 for Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya, a show that I did with him. In fact, he has been asking me to cough up a ransom of Rs 50,00,000. He has also threatened to ruin my career. I have also informed the cops about the same. I have nothing against him except for the fact that he hasn’t cleared my dues. We were good friends. He has also helped me in my career and I will be always thankful to him. But my hard work can’t be discounted.”
TOI has a statement of Vikas Gupta’s lawyer Yadunath Bhargawan. It reads, “Vikas has gone through a difficult time because of the nature of allegations that speak of his professional incompetence and casts aspersions on his character. Alleging a producer of attempting to molest and extort money from an actor is bizarre. Vikas will be taking legal action soon. A defamation case is being filed against the Bollywood aspirant.” Keep watching this space for more on the Parth Samthaan molestation case.