The news of Priyanka Chopra, making a comeback to Bollywood after 2 years with Ali Abbas Zafar’s Bharat starring Salman Khan created huge excitement among the fans. But, now reports are abuzz that the Quantico actor has decided to quit Bharat and it is said to be because of Nick Jonas. As per a report in Mumbai Mirror, PeeCee announced her decision to exit the Salman Khan starrer to the film’s team on Thursday, telling them that she bagged a bigger project.
However, it seems that Priyanka has taken the decision because of her wedding to rumoured boyfriend and American singer Nick Jonas. At least, a tweet from director Ali Abbas Zafar proves this. Zafar took to Twitter to break the news saying the reason for her opting out in the ‘Nick of time’ is ‘very special’.
“Yes Priyanka Chopra is no more part of ‘Bharat’ & and the reason is very very special, she told us in the Nick of time about her decision and we are very happy for her… Team ‘Bharat’ wishes Priyanka Chopra loads of love and happiness for life,” Ali Abbas Zafar tweeted.
Take a look at the tweet here:
The shooting for the film has already begun, with the first schedule including shooting for a grand circus sequence. Bharat features Salman Khan playing a motorcycle stuntman and Disha playing a trapeze artist in a circus in the 1960s. Ali Abbas Zafar has previously worked with the Dabangg star in blockbusters like Sultan and Tiger Zinda Hai.
Bharat is an official adaptation of a 2014 South Korean film Ode To My Father. It is produced by Atul Agnihotri’s Reel Life Production Pvt Ltd and Bhushan Kumar’s T-Series. The Salman-starrer, which will be shot across locations in Abu Dhabi and Spain, besides Delhi and Punjab, is slated for an Eid release in 2019.