Arsenal will take on Liverpool at the Emirates Stadium at 11:00 PM IST on 3rd November, in what is set to be a blockbuster match as two English giants collide. Also Read - Europa League: Arsenal Come Back From a Goal Down to Beat Benfica 3-2; Man United Also Progress Ahead
Liverpool performed well last year and went to be Champions League finalists and are in high flying form this campaign as well. Also Read - Tottenham vs Liverpool: Premier League Champions Roar Back With Thumping 3-1 Win
It will be a tough challenge ahead for new Arsenal manager Unai Emery but Arsenal can be considered as the dark horses of the season with the current squad. Having won 11 and drawn one in their last twelve games in all competitions. Also Read - Mesut Ozil Effect: Flight Radar Data Shows Over 1M People Followed Former Arsenal Star's Flight Path From London to Istanbul Aircraft
Arsenal had a poor 2017-18 season, finishing sixth and failing to win any trophy, whereas Liverpool were Champions League finalists. The Gunners are ruled out on paper for this one, but Unai Emery’s men are very well capable of pulling off a sensational display.
Five players to watch out for in this fixture are:
1) Mohammed Salah: The Egyptian won the Premier League player of the year and the golden boot (Top scorer) award in last year’s campaign. This season, he took his time to get in form but he has hit form and Arsenal defenders are well aware that they will be facing one of the best forwards in the world.
2) Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang: The forward got off to a flying start after he was signed from Borussia Dortmund in January 2018. His pace and finishing make him absolutely lethal up-front and he is the current joint top scorer in the Premier League.
3) Mesut Ozil: The 5-time German national player of the year recently faced a lot of media attention after he retired from international football citing racism as the reason. This issue raised eyebrows across the footballing world. Ozil was signed for a club-record 42.5 million and won Arsenal’s player of the season in 2016, registering Premier League’s all-time second highest assists.
4) Virgil Van Dijk: The world’s most expensive defender in football history. That conveys the talent the Dutchman posses. He is of the key reasons for Liverpool’s top form in the league this campaign.
5) Roberto Firmino: The Brazilian is good on and off the ball. He can create chances, he can score and he can win balls for his team when required. An all-round footballer, and a very diificult one for defenders to contain.