Melbourne, Apr.27: Australia are likely to tour Bangladesh next year to play the two-match Test series, which was postponed last year due to safety and security concerns.  Expressing their desire to resume ties, Cricket Australia CEO James Sutherland said that they are looking forward to getting back to Bangladesh and playing cricket with them. Also Read - IPL 2021: Australian Players Will be Given NOCs on Case-by-Case Basis

“We’ve had discussions offline with the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB). They know and understand that we’re absolutely committed to playing that tour, obviously subject to security matters that we need to go through in preparation for that tour,” Sutherland was quoted as saying by ESPNcricinfo.  Meanwhile, BCB CEO Nizamuddin Chowdhury said that there has been discussions with Cricket Australia and that they are at the final stages of finalizing their tour to Bangladesh next year. ALSO READ: Day-night Test matches should be a permanent feature in world cricket, Australia must get support Also Read - Cricket Australia Offered to Host South Africa Before Calling Off Tour

Earlier, Sutherland had postponed Australia’s tour to Bangladesh after receiving advice from a range of government source,suggesting a high threat to the AUstralian players in Bangladesh.  The Australian Under-19 team had also withdrawn later from the World Cup to be held in Bangladesh at the start of 2016 after the BCB’s failure to provide promised VVIP security to the players.  The Test series is expected to be held immediately after the 2017 Champions Trophy in England, which will take place from June 1 to June 18. Also Read - Cricket Australia Confirms Jasprit Bumrah And Mohammed Siraj Were Racially Abused in Sydney