After unfortunately missing out on what looked like a confirm berth in India’s playing XI for the first Test in Adelaide, opener Prithvi Shaw has finally been spotted hitting the ground ahead of fifth and final day’s play of Adelaide Test between Australia and India on Monday. The highly talented opener is well on his way to recovery after incurring an ankle injury during India’s only tour game against Cricket Australia XI. The 19-year old, who was reduced to use crutches for general mobility is now running with the protective brace. Also Read - Anushka Sharma And Virat Kohli Donate an Undisclosed Amount to PM-CARES Joining India's Fight Against Coronavirus

However, the Indian team management have not confirmed when Shaw will make his return to the eleven. The head coach Ravi Shastri said last week that the management will take a call on a date closer to the Perth Test. Also Read - Former England Captain Alastair Cook Gives Thumbs Down For Shortened County Cricket Championship



Head coach Ravi Shastri spoke to SEN Radio and said, “It was heartbreaking to see him go down. But the good thing is he’s recovering quickly. He’s already started walking. It was really unfortunate.” Also Read - The Day You Wish Wasn't: When IPL Didn't Start And MS Dhoni Wasn't on Idiot Box in COVID-19 World

“In fact, we all were looking forward for him to play. It’s always exciting when you have an 18-year-old [19] kid who has come up the ranks, who has got runs in all formats for the game when he’s played back home,” he added.



The Mumbai-born batsman got off to a great start in Test cricket in the series against West Indies at home in October. Shaw announced himself in international arena with a smashing century on his debut and followed it by a 70-run knock in the next match.