By Aadil Ikram
Though cricket and Bollywood have no similarities the link ups between cricketers and Bollywood actresses is a common phenonmenon. Some of them could manage to survive long and most of them just ended as a rumour. We look at the latest link ups and affairs between cricketers and B-Town divas.
- Virat Kohli- Anushka Sharma: The only couple after Ranbir and Katrina who have been getting full media attention is Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma. Both of them recently spotted while spending time in New Zealand. Kohli is playing test series in New Zealand and Anushka is not shooting for any film now. However both claim that they are just “friends”. Anushka has admitted that Kohli is her favourite cricketer. The couple first met while shooting a commercial after that they were found many times together. Earlier Virat was spotted while shopping with Brazilian model and actress who worked in film “Sixteen” Izabelle Leite. But both denied having any personal relationship.
- Suresh Raina- Anushka Sharma: Young Indian Cricket batsman was linked up with actress Anushka Sharma when people saw them in restaurant. Raina too confessed his fondness about the actress. But their relationship could not last long. According to Raina he doesn’t have time for relationship.
- Yuvraj Singh- Deepika Padukone: Before having an affair with Ranbir Kapoor, Deepika Padukone was linked with Yuvraj Singh. Both were spotted together in many events. But Deepika dumped Yuvraj after falling in love with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Yuvraj Singh-Kim Sharma: At one time Yuvraj Singh and Kim Sharma were one of the most talked about couples. They were together for about four years. But the couple split in 2007. According to reports disapproval of Yuvraj’s mom led to this break up.
- Harbhajan Singh-Geeta Basra: Harbhajan Singh and Geeta Basra don’t want to talk about their relationship in media. But they both have shown their feelings about each other on Twitter. They were even seen together publicly. Geeta also admitted that Bhajji has an important role in her life. Both are still in a relationship.
Apart from these young cricketers, many former Indian cricketers like Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi (married to Sharmila Tagore), Mohammed Azharuddin, Ravi Shastri, Saurav Ganguly were a few names who have been much talked about for their relationships.