India vs England, 2nd Test Lords, Pataudi Trophy: Yes, India captain Virat Kohli has the chance of doing what only two other legendary Indians have done. India has played 16 times at the Lords but managed to win a Test just twice. MS Dhoni was the last captain to take India to victory at Lords in 2014. India won by 95 runs. Also Read - IPL 2020: RCB Skipper Virat Kohli Trolls Yuzvendra Chahal in Hilarious Manner
Kapil Dev did it way back in 1986 when India beat hosts England by 5 wickets. India has lost 10 times at the venue, which means the odds will not be in favour of Virat Kohli-led team India when they take on England in the 2nd Test, starting August 9. Also Read - IPL 2020: Kangana Ranaut Supports Anushka Sharma in Sunil Gavaskar Controversy, But Accuses Her of 'Selective Feminism'
ALSO READ: Kohli Challenges Bolt, Sprinter Puts Favourite Spikes on The Line Also Read - IPL 2020: Irfan Pathan Reacts as Anushka Sharma Labels Sunil Gavaskar's Comments Against Virat Kohli 'Distasteful'
Here’s a look at all the Test matches that India have played at the venue:
- 1936: Lost by 9 wickets, with Maharajah of Vizianagram as captain
- 1946: Lost 10 wickets, with Nawab of Pataudi Sr. as captain
- 1952: Lost by 8 wickets, with Vijay Hazare as captain.
- 1959: Lost by 8 wickets, with Pankaj Roy as captain.
- 1967: Lost by an innings and 124 runs, withMAK Pataudi as captain.
- 1971: Drawn, with Ajit Wadekar as captain.
- 1974: Lost by an innings and 285 runs, with Ajit Wadekar as captain.
- 1979: Drawn, with Srinivas Venkataraghavan as captain.
- 1982: Lost by 7 wickets, with Sunil Gavaskar as captain.
- 1986: Won by 5 wickets, with Kapil Dev as captain.
- 1990: Lost by 247 runs, with Mohammad Azharuddin as captain.
- 1996: Drawn, with Mohammad Azharuddin as captain.
- 2002: Lost by 170 runs, with Sourav Ganguly as captain.
- 2007: Drawn, with Rahul Dravid as captain.
- 2011: Lost by 196 runs, with MS Dhoni as captain.
- 2014: Won by 95 runs, with MS Dhoni as captain.
Meanwhile, India will not have their noses in front when they take to Lords as they are already 0-1 down in the five-Test series after have lost by 31 runs at Lords. Also, after a dismal run of form, Shikhar Dhawan could be dropped and Cheteshwar Pujara could get a start.