Indian Premier League (IPL) chairman Rajeev Shukla is set to miss the IPL Auction 2017 scheduled to take place in Bengaluru on Monday as he is busy with election duty in Uttar Pradesh.
In an interview to CricketNext, Shukla confirmed that he will be tied up in Lucknow, but took the opportunity to wish the franchises good luck ahead of the mega event.
“I am unfortunately going to miss the auction. I am currently busy with election work in Lucknow, but I would like to wish all the franchises going into the auction. It will obviously be a big day and I wish them all the best,” Shukla told cricket website.
All the eight franchises, having released players from the last season, are ready to spend on new purchases to give themselves best combination of players as chase for the title begins.
This year’s IPL auction will also see some new faces being introduced, including England’s all-rounder Ben Stokes, who will look forward to be a part of this tournament, his other team members Chris Jordon, Jason Roy will also be waiting to showcase their talent in the cash-rich event.
Hemang will be filling in Shukla’s absence and he feels that it will be an exciting prospect for sure to witness the entry of quality players from England for the first time as only Eoin Morgan, Chrish Jordan and Jos Buttler have so far been a part of the cash-rich league.
“Obviously it will be exciting with fresh talent coming in. Also, some of the top stars from England will be joining us this time. I am looking forward to the auction,” he told CricketNext.
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Read more on Latest Cricket News on India.com.
By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts Cookies Policy.