Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho will miss Saturday’s Premier League game against Crystal Palace with a back injury as speculation continues about his future.

Barcelona had earlier claimed that they are “close” to signing the 25-year-old Brazilian.

He submitted a transfer request last week, days after the club rejected a 100m euros (£90m) bid from Barcelona.

“It’s a very difficult situation, but we have nothing new to say. It’s not always easy to say the 100% truth,” said Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp.

Also read: Liverpool Exclude Philippe Coutinho For Champions League Clash Against Hoffenheim

Speaking about reports of Barcelona claims of Coutinho joining them, Klopp said, “There is nothing to say from my side. I don’t know why other people are saying what they are saying.”

“I’m not sure. The club have already said what they have to say, so no news. I have nothing to say about his attitude, since he has a back problem he is not in training. The medical department have no complaints – nothing bad to say about this”, he added.

Coutinho had missed Saturday’s season opener at Watford and the Champions League play-off first leg against Hoffenheim on Tuesday.