MS Dhoni vs Virat Kohli Brand Valuation: Who Is Richer, Earns More In Rupees?
Dhoni vs Kohli: Kohli has a brand value of Rs 1,412 crore in the current year and stand in the first spot. Dhoni, on the other hand, stood at the fifth spot with a value of Rs 464 crore.
New Delhi: Virat Kohli has emerged as the most powerful celebrity brand in India for the fifth consecutive time, according to the latest report by Duff & Phelps, A Kroll Business. According to media reports, the batsman has a brand value of $185.7 Million or Rs 1,412 crore in the current year. Former Indian Captain MS Dhoni, on the other hand, stood at the fifth spot with a brand value of $61 Million or Rs 464 crore.
- IPL 2023: AB de Villiers Reveals The Reason Behind Virat Kohli Regaining His Form
- MS Dhoni Among Five Indian Cricketers To Get MCC Life Membership
- Kolkata vs Bangalore Dream11 Team Prediction, IPL 2023, Match 9: Top Picks, Captain, Playing 11s For Today’s Match, Eden Gardens, 7.30 PM IST April 6, Thursday
Dhoni has been freshly included in the list of top five celebrity brand endorsers. The report also quoted Aviral Jain, MD, Duff & Phelps as saying that Dhoni has become a timeless brand like Sachin Tendulkar.
You may like to read
Lacklustre Batting Form, String Of Controversies Led To Fall In Value For Kohli
Despite being the top celebrity brand, Kohli has seen a large drop in his income. According to TOI, this is major because of two reasons:
- Kohli’s Lacklustre batting form
- String of controversies
Another expert was also quoted by the report as saying that brand value is directly proportional to eyeballs, focus and the persona of the player. With Kohli no longer being the Captain of the Indian Cricket team, his brand value has fallen.
On the other hand, Dhoni has stepped up as the mentor of the Indian cricket team after retiring from the team. This has led to him ‘effortlessly’ slipping into the top five.
In the list, other cricketers who featured were Sachin Tendulkar and Rohit Sharma. They stood at eleventh and thirteenth positions respectively.
Others on the list
- Ranveer Singh stood at second rank, one rank up from third rank last year with a brand value of $158.3 million or Rs 1,202 crore.
- Actor Akshay Kumar stood in the third position with a brand value of Rs 1,057 crore.
- Alia Bhatt jumped two places on the list to stand at the fourth spot and became the most valued female celebrity.
- Shuttler PV Sindhu stood at 20th rank.
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Read more on Latest Business News on India.com.