A total of 422 players went under the hammer during the 2-day spanning Pro Kabaddi League 2018 auctions. Day 1 saw records being made and broken. The purse was loosened by the franchises to get the players on their wish-list. Fazel Atrachali made headlines initially when he was brought on board by U Mumba for Rs 1 Cr. But soon we saw his record being shattered when Jaipur Pink Panthers got Deepak Niwas Hooda for whopping Rs 1.15 Cr. It seems the sport of kabaddi is ticking the right boxes which is great for the sport.
Fazel was a star performer for the defending champions Gujarat Fortunegiants in 2017. Keeping that in mind it seemed U Mumba did not have a problem in shelling the amount, so was the case with Hooda.
Here is the full list of players that were sold on Day 1 of Pro Kabaddi League 6:
1. Fazel Atrachali – U Mumba – Rs 1 crore
2. Jang Kun Lee – Bengal Warriors – Rs 33 lakh
3. Abozar Mighani – Telugu Titans – Rs 76 lakh
4. Zia ur Rahman – Bengal Warriors – Rs 33 lakh
5. Hadi Tajik – U Mumba
6. Dong Ju Hong – Bengaluru Bulls – Rs 8 lakh
7. Taedok Eom – Patna Pirates – Rs 11.4 Lakhs
8. Abolfazl Maghsodlou – U Mumba
9. Khomsan Thongkham – Dabangg Delhi
10. Ran Singh – Bengal Warriors
11. Manjeet Chillar – Tamil Thalaivas
12. Deepak Hooda – Jaipur Pink Panther
13. Kuldeep Singh – Patna Pirates
14. Sandeep Khul –
15 Mohit Chillar – Jaipur Pink Panthers
16. Surender Nada – Haryana Steelers
17. Darshan J – Tamil Thailavas
18. Jeeva Kumar – UP Yoddhas
19. Parvesh Bhainswal – Gujarat Fortunegiants
Earlier in the day, 87 players from the Future Kabaddi Heroes (FKH) programme went under the hammer. Among these, merely 17 players were picked by the sides. A total of 58 foreign players went into the auction from 14 countries including Iran, Bangladesh, Japan, Kenya, Republic of Korea, Malaysia and Sri Lanka.