Premier League 2018-19, Matchweek Six, Saturday: The Premier League (England’s top flight football league) is back again and promises some enthralling fixtures laden with goals and skills. Some of the best international footballers will be in action and among them will be some superstars who have been in top form lately and are more likely to dazzle again for their respective teams. The Premier League is regarded as the most entertaining football league in the world and the reason for it is some of these fine players. Top services get them top-pay and transfer market valuation and their services don’t come cheap. Manchester United’s Paul Pogba cost the club a 100 million pounds. In rupees, that translates to about 1000 crores. You could buy a few Indian Premier League Cricket teams with that sort of money.
Today the matches to watch out for in the Premier League would be Liverpool vs Southampton, Cardiff City vs Manchester City and Manchester United vs Wolves. Here are the top five players you need to look out for:
1) Sergio Aguero (Manchester City): The Argentine striker is Manchester City’s all-time top scorer and one of the most lethal and clinical strikers not just in the premier league but in the world. The forward will look to steer clear from injuries-something that has held him back over the past few seasons from winning the golden boot. The fact that he has just recently signed a contract extension would boost his confidence, and a confident Aguero is a very, very dangerous one for defenders to handle.
2) Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City): The World Cup semi-finalist made history by becoming the first ever Premier League player to win the ‘best play-maker’ award after it’s introduction last year. His ability to find spaces within tight angles and the dribbling skills gives him an edge over other players. The Belgian international lit up the 2018 edition of the FIFA World Cup and he will do just the same throughout the year in the league as well, it’s just traditional KDB. Cardiff City players will face a tough time keeping him at bay, that’s for certain.
3) Mo Salah (Liverpool): You may have heard about this one? Surely, you have. The Golden Boot winner and the reigning best player of the season 2017-18. He was among the top three players in the world last season, right up there competing and giving Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi a run for their money (FYI, these two are among the top three highest paid athletes in the world. Ronaldo on one and Leo Messi on Three). Anyway, coming back to the point, this guy almost single-handedly won Liverpool the Champions League title last year. He is pacy and boy, he can score them, stunners! He has had a slow start in the league this campaign, despite having a great run in the international break for Egypt last week. He will be one to watch out for, definitely.
4) Roberto Firmino (Liverpool): The Brazilian international scored the winner against Paris Saint-Germain in the midweek Champions League fixture. So there is absolutely no doubts about his calibre. He was one of the star players for Liverpool last season as well. This winger can make things happen, watch out for him.
5) Paul Pogba (Manchester United): When he is good, he is really, really good and when he is not, well, he’s just plain bad. But the Manchester United fans are optimistic about this 100 million man and why not? He has been on fine form this season so far. He is still to reach the level he displayed at Juventus but surely, this may finally be the season he shows why exactly United paid that extravagant sum to bring him back to Old Trafford.
All in all, it’s going to be an enthralling Premier League Saturday, so sit back and grab some popcorn, while these ballers show-off their slick skills in the most entertaining football league there is.