Pulwama Terror Fallout: Former India captain Sourav Ganguly has smashed rumours about his statement on ”World Cup” was a response to Sachin Tendulkar batting for the match. Ganguly has hit the rumours by taking to social media and giving his side of the story. Sachin had earlier said that he would hate to give away two points, whereas Ganguly said the match should be forfeited if required. “He wants two points against Pakistan, I want the World Cup so…he wants two points I want the World Cup. Whichever way you look at it,” Ganguly said on Sunday, reacting to Tendulkar’s comments.
Ganguly took to Twitter and his post read, “A lot of people in the media is trying to put my statement against sachin’s when I said “I want the World Cup” My response has got nothing to do with his statement, nor is my statement against his .. he is, has been and will be one of my best friends for last 25 years @sachin_rt” .”
Meanwhile, cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar Sunday joined thousands of runners in the IDBI Federal Life Insurance New Delhi Marathon and raised Rs 15 lakh for family members of the Pulwama terror attack martyrs.
Before the start of each of the four races at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Tendulkar did 10 push-ups as part of the #KeepMoving Push-up Challenge and urged the runners to join him in the exercise.
“Whatever will be the fund that we receive from here, it will all be donated for a good cause, a bigger cause. It will be donated to the families of the martyrs. I am sure you understand the feelings and hope everyone joins us in this movement,” Tendulkar said.